BETTERSPOT, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access or use the BETRSPOT mobile application (the “App”) or when you use the BETRSPOT website (the “Website,” and together with the App, the “Products”); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information that we collect in the Products and in e-mail, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Products.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to or is collected by any third party (see “Third-Party Information Collection”).
Our Products and these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children under the Age of 13
The Products are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please email us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Products:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically when you use the Products.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with or use the App and/or access, register with or use the Website, we may ask you to provide information (“Personal Information”):
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your first and last name, user name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social media user names and profiles, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- By which you may be personally identified by other users of the Products, including your age, physical description, and photograph; and
- By which your physical location may be ascertained, including by GPS location services enabled by your mobile device.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Products. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Products and subscribing to our services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Products;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Products and of the completion of your spot trades.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) on public areas of websites you access through the App (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access and use the App and/or access, register with or use the Website, the Products may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App or the Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App and the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App and the Website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Products also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. The Products may collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information, you should not download the App and/or you should delete it from your device and you should not use the Website. You also may opt out at any time by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies or mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your computer or smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Products; and
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the Products or the content contained therein, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device or computer. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers;
- Analytics companies;
- Your mobile device manufacturer;
- Your mobile service provider;
- Your computer manufacturer; and
- Your internet service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Products. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Your Choices About Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information”).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Provide you with the Products and the content contained therein, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
- Enable you consummate spot trading transactions using our Products;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- Give you notices about your account; and
- Notify you when Product updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though the Products.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Products and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Products according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you use the Products.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see “Your Choices About Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information.”
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our App users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the end user license agreements for the Products and for billing and collection; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Customer, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your e-mail address or other contact information to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Products and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Products, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Product users.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Products that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com.
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We maintain physical, electronic and managerial practices and procedures designed to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of customer information. We limit and restrict access to Personal Information only to those employees who need it to carry out their business functions. We also educate our employees about safeguarding Personal Information and preventing its unauthorized access, disclosure or use. Our employees with access to Personal Information are also bound to adhere to this policy. We will monitor and adopt, as appropriate, new technological improvements that are designed to aid in ensuring the accuracy and security of customer information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Products, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Products like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through our Products. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.